Black Earth DS-80 (Soluble Humic and Fulvic Acid) is a dry, soluble humate powder that comes in 55# bags. Black Earth Dry soluble 80 Organic is an entirely soluble product that dissolves readily in water to create liquid humic solutions. It contains both humic and fulvic acids, as well as added nutrients N and K. Unlike fertilizers, it works to not only benefit the plant now, but also improve solid conditions for the future. It is made from a naturally occurring type of oxidized coal that is very rich in humified organic matter – humic and fulvic acids – with minimal impurities.
- Completely water soluble
- Minimum 93% humic and fulvic acids content
- Use as a dry or liquid application
- Great for fertigation or seed treatment
- More economical than shipping liquid
- Dry Soluble 80 Organic is ideal for use on all soils and plants under all conditions. Humic and fulvic acids in DS 80 Organic act as natural chelating agents, binding to nutrients in the soil. The plants roots absorb these humic acid nutrient compounds effectively increasing the efficiency of the plants uptake of nutrients and decreasing nutrient losses caused by leaching. Being a concentrated and soluble powder, it is fast acting, and in liquid form, highly effective at delivering humic acids deep into the soil and/or to the plant. In combination with fertilization, it allows you to get the most out of your fertilization program and may even reduce the amount of nutrients applied. It will contribute to improving soil quality, texture, water holding capacity, and sustainability, all while breaking down clay lattices and reducing sodium build up in soils. By using a DS 80 Organic product, you can make small batches when and where it is needed. There is no need to over-winter excess liquid, so storage and handling is much easier.
Why Add Humic Acid to the Soil?
It is generally recognized that soil, regardless of geographic location, must contain a minimum level of organic matter in the form of humus or humic acids. Soils with low organic matter content will not produce optimally.
One way to supplement organic matter in low humus soils is to add commercial humic acid preparations. For maximum performance, such preparations should contain effective levels of both humic and fulvic acids. Optimum application rates vary with crop and soil type but a generally application rate is:
- 0.5 ounce (1 tablespoon)/1,000 ft2
- 1 pound (1 pint)/32,000 ft2
- 1 pounds, 6 ounces/acre
- 3 pounds, 6 ounces/hectare
Mixed in enough water to cover the area.
Application frequency: 4-6 times/season.
For more information, download the product label pdf.
OMRI LISTED™ – View OMRI Certificate