Seaweed has been used throughout history as a natural fertilizer for growing crops. It contains nearly every nutrient known to man. This organic kelp meal is great for activating depleted and tired soil and is great when mixed with compost material, soil or flowering beds. This all natural organic fertilizer has an NPK analysis of 1-0-2, meaning it has a mild dosage of both nitrogen and potash (potassium). This Kelp meal is harvested and processed by North American Kelp, the leaders in sustainably harvested seaweed products. Analysis.
Ascophyllum nodosum is one of the most popular, abundant and most studied seaweeds in the world because it has been found to be highly beneficial in agriculture. This seaweed grows in the cold waters of the Northern Atlantic and is sustainably harvested offshore, removing the possibility of contaminants that are found in seaweed that has washed up on shore. This cold water helps to lock in the nutrients that are so beneficial to both plants and animals.
This organic kelp meal contains a multitude of naturally occurring compounds that influence various plant biochemical processes, leading to increased protein and enzyme synthesis, improved cell water retention and membrane integrity.
- Contains over 60 trace elements utilized by your plants
- Plants develop more extensive root systems
- Greater resistance to nematodes, disease and pests
- Improves seed germination
- Stimulates soil bacteria
- Increases plants stem strength
- Helps plants deal with stresses of drought, high temperatures, and frost
- Increase nutritional value of fruits and vegetables
- Increases shelf life
- Encourages better aerification of soil
- Improves moisture retention
- Helps normalize soil PH
- Improves soil structure
North Ameican's seaweed contains Cytokinins, Indoles, Hormones, Auxins and Gibberellins.
- Cytokinins - are cell division factors, which rapidly divides cells.
- Indoles - are naturally occurring plant growth promoters for root development and bud initiation.
- Auxins - promote rooting and cell enlargement.
- Gibberellins - are plant growth substanes (phytohormones) involved in promotion of stem elongation, mobilization of food reserves in seeds and other processes.
Kelp Meal Should be applied in early spring and fall, when soil can be worked. Mix thoroughly with soil, seed and transplant beds and composting material.
- Flowers, vegetables and shrubs: 1 lbs. per 100 sqft.
- Houseplants: 1 Tbsp. mixed into soil per 6" pot
- Bulbs: 1 Tbsp. mixed into soil per bulb.
- Trees: 1/2 lb per inch of tree in drip line
- Lawns/Turfs: 10 lbs. per 1000 sqft.
- Compost: 1/2 cup per cubic foot.